Sunday, June 13, 2010

Peter Pan, Quotes (1)

I'm going to start a quote label... There are so many times when I'm reading a great book and I want to share some of the things I've read with the world. Well, at the moment I'm reading Peter Pan, and I'm amazed by this book. (That post will come as soon as I get back from vacation on the 25th.)

So, the quote of the week comes from James Barrie and his fantastical friend, Peter Pan:

"She (Wendy) gave him (Peter) a look of the most intense admiration, and he thought it was because he had run away, but it was really because he knew fairies. Wendy had lived such a home life that to know fairies struck her as quite delightful. She poured out questions on him, getting in his way and so on, and indeed his sometimes had to give them a hiding.* Still, he liked them on the whole, and he told her about the beginning of fairies. 'You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.'"

There couldn't be a better way to say it! :)

Happy reading!

*"hiding" was a term for "spanking"

No comments:

Post a Comment