Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson (book 3)



Max and the gang - Fang, Iggy, the Gasman, Nudge, and Angel - have barely escaped the flying Erasers with their lives. Now Fang has a blog, getting help from kids around the world, and the younger of the Flock want to disappear and settle down.  And Fang agrees.  But when things go really wrong – Flyboys, the newest Erasers, are after them, and Fang decides to split, taking two of the Flock with him – hard life for the Flock might just get harder, what with Itex controlling the world and all.  And while Jeb claims Max alone can save the world, she might need a little help from her family.
______________________________________________


My thoughts -
Yeeeee!!!  Fast fast fast fast!!  That’s how I feel every time I read these books, and this one is no exception.  So much actions, all the time, and yet there are still so many personal aspects that draw in the readers and connect them to the characters.  Saving the World was still not as good as the first book, but it was definitely better than the second.  Thoroughly enjoyable!

Character notes -
Like I just said, I'm totally attached to the characters.  In fact, this is the #1 reason I am still reading and enjoying this series.  The way the Flock has to fight and work together and survive is inspiring, despite how unrealistic it all is.

Once again, Fang is my favorite.  He makes me smile....and yes, giggle.  I love his version of "changing Max's mind".  ;)  The other characters, as always, were amazing.  And Ari was much better this time around.

Story notes -
I really like this story, but honestly, it's not the main draw for me.  It's fun, fast, and enjoyable, but I'm not as emotionally attached to it or as fascinated by it as, say, Incarceron, or Entwined.  However, I still love the story and am looking forward to reading more, even if the world and story-line aren't my favorites.  Plus, this book had some WAY cool twists that raised questions and have me looking for answers!

Summing it up -
A lovely adventure.  I look forward to what the fourth book, The Final Warning, has in store!  I've heard - the Arctic? :)

For the parents -
Fang and Max throw each other "the bird".  They kiss once.  Fang and the Gasman describe pretty girls on the beach for blind Iggy, but not inappropriately.  Ages 12+

No comments:

Post a Comment