Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Buys 8/26/11 - 9/9/11

These last two weeks were the weeks of deals.  Like, superb deals.  Deals unheard of.  Deals you only find in magical places like the World of Cupboards.  And I'm here to share them with you.  To get you to understand the vast incredibleness of my savings in the last two weeks, here are some statistics.

If I had bought all of these books brand new, I would have paid nearly $150.
Since I bought them used (and still, they're mostly in great condition), I paid less than $40.
Are you seeing what I mean?  Are you jumping up and down with excitement and/or rushing to the nearest used bookstore to find your own treasures?  You should.  They're worth hours of your time.


Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen - $2.00
This is indeed my first Dessen purchase.  It is in really good condition.  I read it in almost one sitting and found it highly enjoyable.  Review to come. :)

The Goblin Wood by Hilari Bell - $0.50
I hear good things about Miss Bell and am interested in this story...  We shall see!


Slathbog's Gold by M. L. Forman - $1.00
I saw this at a bookstore three weeks before I found this and thought it looked interesting.  Good buy.  A pretty stubborn bend in the front from being bent back (OH, the horrors!), but oh well.  I doubt it'll be a favorite anyways.


Geek Magnet by Kieran Scott - $1.00
Looks hilarious...my sister and I have plans to read it together once a second copy comes in from the library. :)


Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke - $3.00
So.  I did it.  After asking around and researching and having this giant 800-paged book glare at me EVERY time I stepped into the library bookstore, I purchased it.  Its a hardcover in perfect (and I mean perfect) condition.  $3.00 is a genius price ($24.00 off).  I don't know why it took me so long...


Stowaway by Karen Hesse - $2.00
I'm a big fan of Karen Hesse's Out of the Dust and Witness, so this should be a treat.  Told in journal format.  I'm excited!  Almost brand new condition.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling - $2.00
No, your eyes are NOT deceiving you.  Yes, you read CORRECTLY.  I purchased this almost completely brand new (I see nothing wrong with it) copy of HP7 for TWO. FREAKING. DOLLARS.  I know, I know, it's insanity.  That's what I mean when I say out of this world deals.  I saved $33.00 on a brand new book.  It's insanity at it's best.


Someone Like You by Sara Dessen - $2.00
My 2nd Sarah Dessen.  According to a lovely book blogging friend, my "Sarah Stash" is growing.  ;)


Daisy Miller and Washington Square by Henry James - $1.25
It's got a weird bend in the binding but it was worth it.  I'm looking forward to diving in.


Wildwood by Colin Meloy - $13.00 (from B&N)
I have no words for how excited I am to read this book.  SERIOUSLY.  NO. WORDS.


AAANNNDDDD...........
DUN-DUNDUN-DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUN!!!!!!
My favorite author, my hero, the guy who writes the best books and the most amazing stories and characters and who makes me laugh and mourn when his books are over, who makes me love life more and appreciate the joys and beauties of this world.  Give it up for his NEW BOOK!!  And...not only is it a new book, but it's a NEW SERIES!!!!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH my heart can't take it....it's too much happiness and joy and love and awesomeness.
I'm currently reading this book and am finding it incredibly amazing, as is expected, and can't wait to share my review with you all!!!!!!! :D


Here's the stash.  Amazing.  I know.  Really epic.  :)



Hope you all are having an amazing September! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wowowowowowow!! Oh, my Gosh. Your Sarah Stash will be exploding soon. And you got both for $2? That's such a steal! I have to find out what you thought about Keeping the Moon.
    Okay. You have me convinced that I have to read The Dragon's Tooth, like, soon. It sounds amazing!
    Ahhhh. I nearly faint every time I see the cover for Wildwood. It is so undeniably captivating.
    HOLY FLYING PIGS. TWO. FREAKING. DOLLARS is right! How...I don't understand...? It looks entirely, blissfully brand new to me. But what I really need to know is, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU FIND THESE BOOKS!? Sierra, my dear Sierra, you are a frugal bookworm's best kept secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stash! I've read Stowaway, but I don't remember much about it except that I liked it. I also liked The Goblin Wood, but I didn't love it (I wasn't feeling the MC, she's so angry!) but I did really like Hilari Bell's The Last Knight. Looking forward to your reviews on a bunch of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read a Sarah Dessen novel, but I've got two sitting and my shelf already!

    ReplyDelete