Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Buys 9/9-23/11

This Friday Buy is all about fantasy...four out of the six are fantasy books that I've been eyeing for a while.  The other two are random, but so fun, and I can't wait to read them!


Wren to the Rescue by Sherwood Smith - $1.00 brand new
Yes, this is my first Sherwood Smith purchase!  I'm very interested because I've heard great things about her.


Green Rider by Kristen Britain - $.50, flat but creased spine
I have the second book in hardcover...which kind of irks my book OCD but that's ok.  I don't think they'll be favorites anyway. ;)


Faerie Wars and The Purple Emperor by Herbie Brennan - $2.50 for all 3
I've been so fascinated by the idea of these books for a long time...  And guess what I found?  First it was the Tor copy...which I dislike but it was $.50 so why even think twice?
Then...I found both Faeries Wars and The Purple Emperor at the paperback book exchange.  With tax and handling fee on their used prices (I used my credit there, so I didn't pay their price), I got them for about $1.50.  For both.  So.  I'm going to take back the Tor copy and get a credit at the exchange store so I can buy something else! :)







October Sky by Homer H. Hickam, Jr. - $.50, brand new
I've wanted this book for a long time.  I kept going back and forth about buying it on Amazon for $11.  So glad I didn't!  The movie was great, too.  Definitely a keeper. :)


Tigerheart by Peter David - $2.00, brand new hardcover
I'd never heard of this book before I found it for brand new at the used bookstore.  I love the writing from what I've read and I'm fascinated by the story line - a retelling of Peter Pan.  It should be...interesting, if nothing else.


The Four Feathers by A. E. W. Mason - $1.00, used but flat and very readable
I keep hearing this is a great classic.  We shall see!


Matched by Ally Condie - $1.00, the spine is loose like it's been read; almost perfect
I just read this, and I really liked it, so I was SO excited to find this almost perfect hardcover at the paperback book exchange!!  Using my credit, I only had to pay $1 for tax and handling.  Oh, happy day!


Here they are - eight books for a total of $1.50! :)  I'm looking forward to some epic fantasy now. Ha!



Happy reading!  What books have you bought recently or gotten from the library?  Leave your links if you have them! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Tigerheart sounds interesting! Have you read the Peter Pan series that Dave Barry co-wrote? They're pretty interesting - kinda explains how Peter & Neverland happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matched for only $1 wow, what a bargain! I liked it and will read the sequel soon!

    ReplyDelete