Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #3 - The Wicked and the Just



This is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper!






Cecily’s father has ruined her life. He’s moving them to occupied Wales, where the king needs good strong Englishmen to keep down the vicious Welshmen. At least Cecily will finally be the lady of the house.

Gwenhwyfar knows all about that house. Once she dreamed of being the lady there herself, until the English destroyed the lives of everyone she knows. Now she must wait hand and foot on this bratty English girl.

While Cecily struggles to find her place amongst the snobby English landowners, Gwenhwyfar struggles just to survive. And outside the city walls, tensions are rising ever higher—until finally they must reach the breaking point.


______________________________________________

I've heard fantastic things about The Wicked and the Just - especially the rave review over at Small Review's.  Sounds like a lot of tension, suspense, and intrigue!  I got this for review from NetGalley but missed downloading it by a mere day!  So sad!  Now that I hear what I missed I'm especially frustrated!  Hopefully I'll get my hands on a copy soon!

Released:  April 17th, 2012
Goodreads
Barnes and Noble
Amazon
The Book Depository

What are YOU wishing for this Wednesday?

14 comments:

  1. xxprissycrissyxxMay 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM

    Oh noooo! You should try requesting it from the publisher. They sent me a finsihed copy in March. Havne't been able to read it ye tbut I want to make time to. I thought it sounded amazing! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should totally do that!  Maybe they'll be understanding...  I'll go check that out now.  Thanks! :D
    Hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...I'll be very interested in seeing what you think. I've read it. It difinatly was...interesting! Haha.

    Haley@www.passingthepages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a great book! Gonna go add to my huge TBR stack…

    And thanks for dropping by, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, there are so many books out there that I want to read that I don't even think I could list them! :) lol. I posted a link to this today on my blog: http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2012/05/whats-up-wednesday-playing-blog-catch.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahaha ikr?  Always huge TBRs.  Why do we do this to ourselves?  No one knows... haha ;)

    No prob!  Thanks for the return visit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This actually sounds like a really good book, I typically don't like anything that's historical. I'm actually thinking about reading it! OMG, I ALWAYS MISS THINGS ON NETGALLEY BY LIKE A DAY! Always makes me so mad, it's only one day! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!  So glad you're considering it!  I'm not a big historical fiction fan either (sometimes they can be quite boring) but doesn't this look great? :D
    LOL soooo glad to hear that I'm not the only one... SHEESH!  It drives me CRAZY!  But now I have a document that I always update that tells me the archive date and such...and I typically get them...after that terrible miss. ;)

    Thanks so much Megan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy @ The Avid ReaderMay 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM

    The Wicked and the Just sounds interesting. I have added it to my TBR list. Although I do like historical novels I have not read any in a long time. But seeing  the reviews of them lately I have been thinking I need to read them again.

    Nancy @ The Avid Reader
    My Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amelia @ Regal ReadsMay 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM

    I've never heard of this book before, but sounds very good! I'm always looking to read more historical fiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're interested! :D  I know, I always love a good historical fiction.
    Thanks so much for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting. I'm sorry you couldn't download it. :( Maybe they get you another somehow?

    Thanks for stopping by. 
    -Miranda @ The Lonely Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the comment Nancy!  I agree - there have been some great historical fiction books to come out recently.  :)  Have you tried Meyer's "The Bad Queen"?  It's an older novel but my FAVORITE historical fiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what people keep saying!  I'll have to check into it for sure!

    Thanks for the comment! :D

    ReplyDelete